- There will be no class on Monday, 5 November. Instead there
will be a required meeting on Tuesday, 6 November, from 5:30 to 7:30pm at
the meeting of the Ithaca Web People. See
this page for directions. Note that the page is for the 5 October meeting
which we will not be attending. We will attend the 6 November
- Reflective exercise 2 is due on Monday, 24 September. See the
assignments menue item. Submit your reflection on Sakai.
To complete your portfolio, you must complete the CLA section of the portfolio.
The objectives of the CLA are either:
A) Analyze - apply concepts, theories, methods or skills to analyze new questions or complex problems; or
B) Synthesize - address a topic, issue, problem area, or human challenge using a combination
of concepts, theories, and/or methods from multiple perspectives or fields of study.
To complete the CLA portion of your portfolio you must:
- Add a reflection (200- 400 words) to taskstream that addresses the following questions:
- Based on the courses you used to complete your CLA, how have you been able to meet objective A or B?
- Explain how your focused area of exploration (the CLA) complemented your major,
and/or broadened your worldview, and/or contributed toward your future professional goals.
- Explain your goals in choosing the specific CLA option that you selected,
and/or whether you changed that option and if so why you did.
- Provide an artifact from your CLA which best exemplifies your ability to meet the objective.
- Provide both of these:
- the assignment from your instructor which led to the creation of your artifact or an explanation of what it was; and
- a description of why you think this artifact is the best example of your ability to analyze or synthesize, in order to meet the CLA objective A or B. (250-500 words)