Check this out!
Transfer students: if you have received an Associate Degree your ICC and CLA
requirements are complete. You do have to complete the e-Portfolio, however,
including uploading all artifacts and writing all reflections including the ICC
and CLA reflections. You will have to retrieve artifacts (papers, project
reports, etc.) from your community college courses.
The class will be attending a meeting of Ithaca
Web Developers on Tuesday, 5 November, from 5:30 to 7:30pm at Funkhaus,
416 E State St. Suite 101 · Ithaca, NY. See
Job opportunity at Raytheon! See jobs.raytheon.com and
search for job requisition 139811BR (Massachusetts locations Tewksbury, Woburn and Marlboro)
or job requisition 145727BR (Portsmouth RI location)
Instructions for setting a reviewer in Taskstream are here
Generic portfolio summary form is
here. Portfolio summary documents folder is
ICC Assessment Rubrics
- As of Thursday, 14 November, I've checked all requirements (except the ICC
essay and the CLA) for the portfolio and made comments on your Google Sheet. Please
check this out; you must complete the portfolio to pass this course.
- Reflective exercise 4 is due on Nov 20. This is the last reflective
exercise; there is no reflective exercise 5. Reflective exercise 4 will
be used for your ICC essay for your portfolio.
- Don't forget that for those of you who started in 2016 must add an
artifact and reflection for your academic writing course to the portfolio.
- Remeber that you must complete the CLA portion of your portfolio. See the instructions
below. We will discuss this after break.
- See the syllabus for guest speakers the rest of the semester
To complete your portfolio, you must complete the CLA section of the portfolio.
Like other items, you must add an artifact (e.g., a paper from the course) and
two reflections (on the learning objectives and your theme).
The objectives of the CLA are either:
A) Analyze - apply concepts, theories, methods or skills to analyze new questions or complex problems; or
B) Synthesize - address a topic, issue, problem area, or human challenge using a combination
of concepts, theories, and/or methods from multiple perspectives or fields of study.
To complete the CLA portion of your portfolio you must:
- Provide one or more artifacts from your CLA which best exemplifies your ability to meet the
CLA learning objectives.
- Complete the "ICC Form for CLA" that includes two reflections that address the following questions:
- Based on the courses you used to complete your CLA, how have you been able to meet
one of the CLA learning objectives? This reflection must be between 200 and 400 words
- How does this artifact(s) show your achievement of CLA learning outcomes?
This reflection must be between 250 and 500 words long.
- You must also provide both of these (they're listed under the second reflection
in the ICC Form for CLA):
- the assignment from your instructor which led to the creation of your artifact or an explanation of what it was; and
- a description of why you think this artifact is the best example of your ability to analyze or synthesize, in order to meet the CLA objective A or B. (250-500 words)